Reports to: Lindsey Graver, Recruitment Lead
Start Date: Ideally by the 1st October 2019
Salary: £24-30k depending on experience and qualifications (+11% employer pension contribution)
About Now Teach
Now Teach brings experienced professionals into teaching.
Lives and careers are lasting longer. Now Teach helps people change profession and redeploy their talent and experience in the classroom. We support them through their careers to ensure they stay in education. Our aim is to address the crisis of recruitment and retention in the teaching profession, to ensure the students who need it most get the best education possible.
We aim to draw on the experience our teachers have from successful careers in industry and the public sector to inform the future direction of our education system and the teaching profession.
In the first two years of operation, Now Teach has attracted 4000 expressions of interest and we have successfully recruited 122 career changers into teaching. We have built a support programme to retain these teachers, reaching a 90% retention rate with 2018’s cohort. Our funding is from the Department for Education and philanthropic sources, allowing us to make an impact at a time when money in the profession is tight. We have expanded beyond our original region of London and Hastings to two additional regions across the UK (the West Midlands and East Anglia) and we are continuing to establish ourselves as a significant player in the sector.
We are looking for a positive, down to earth and target driven Recruitment Advisor who is committed to Now Teach’s vision. They must have experience working within a recruitment team delivering exceptional candidate experience. Ideally, they will have good knowledge or be keen to develop so that candidates and clients trust and respect their advice.
Our Recruitment Advisor will join a friendly and ambitious team. They will be primarily responsible for hiring approximately 60 hires for their region (London) to join our programme starting in September 2020.
It’s a fantastic time to join as we streamline and increase our recruitment. We need someone who is likable and has supreme confidence working with candidates and clients whilst delivering an efficient and joined up recruitment process.
- Manage the candidate pipeline for your region ensuring that we are on track to comfortably hit ambitious targets
- Ensure that candidates are selected, assessed and progressed in a timely and robust manner
- Work across the team to deliver the operational parts of recruitment – screening applications, candidate calls, organising and running assessments, briefing and feedback to candidates, managing assessors and decision meetings and placing candidates
- Take the lead to run frequent assessment centres in London
- Talent spot, coach and advise candidates so that they feel supported, trust your advice and that you are a genuinely valuable part of their recruitment experience
- Work with our Programmes team to jointly match and place candidates with our training providers/schools supporting candidates through their assessments
- Be responsible for ensuring the candidate pipeline is always accurate and creates insightful reports
- Become an expert in navigating teaching entry routes so you are insightful and a top-quality adviser for our expressions of interests and applicants
- Work with other teams across Now Teach ensuring we are aligned
- Contribute ideas to streamline ways of working so we are fit to hire the largest cohort of career changers into teaching in the UK
- Be an expert in recruitment building a solid recruiter network and knowledge of the market
- Represent our organisation, talent spot and help at marketing events working to become the go to destination for late career changers into teaching.
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand and be committed to children’s outcomes not being determined by their backgrounds and appreciate the impact teachers can make
- Have proven recruitment experience delivering an exceptional candidate journey whilst working at pace and efficiently to deliver ambitious targets.
- Ideally our recruitment advisor will have at least 2 years experienced hire recruitment experience and an understanding of the education sector
- Be exceptionally organised, a strong planner and have good attention to detail
- Have experience in and enjoy delivering assessments e.g. interviews, role plays, decision meetings at assessment days. Be expert at running assessment centres
- Have hands-on experience progressing candidates within an Applicant Tracking or CRM system and ideally if they have experience of Salesforce
- Actively seek out ways to improve how we do things using great judgement. Have a can-do attitude and be unstoppable in driving candidates through with style and ease
- Be skilful at providing down to earth, insightful and appropriate persuasive communications
- Be up for the challenge of doing something new in the market knowing that fantastic candidate experience, having a strong team and efficient process are key to this
- Essential competencies –
- Good technical skill and motivation to recruitment
- Strong planning, organisation and attention to detail skills
- Robust communication and influencing ability
- Logical decision-making ability whilst being adaptable and operating well despite ambiguity
- A friendly and likable team player with a can-do attitude
Please send a CV and a cover letter detailing why you would be a great fit for the role to email@example.com. Recruitment will be on a rolling basis without a formal deadline. We will progress candidates as they apply and close the role when complete.
Full time however open to flexible working
Safe Recruitment Procedure
Now Teach and Ark are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. To meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process and all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Only those candidates meeting the right criteria will be taken forward from application.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet us for interview/s in Central London.
References from the previous and current employer will be taken up for shortlisted candidates, and where necessary employers may be contacted to gather further information.
All new staff will be subject to a probation period of 3 months (which may, in certain circumstances, be extended). The probation period is a trial period, to enable the assessment of an employee’s suitability for the job for which they have been employed.