Reports to: Lindsey Graver, Recruitment Lead
Start Date: September / October 2019
Salary: £24-30k depending on experience and qualifications (+11% employer pension contribution)
About Now Teach
Now Teach brings experienced professionals into teaching.
Lives and careers are lasting longer. Now Teach helps people change profession and redeploy their talent and experience in the classroom. We support them through their careers to ensure they stay in education. Our aim is to address the crisis of recruitment and retention in the teaching profession, to ensure the students who need it most get the best education possible.
We aim to draw on the experience our teachers have from successful careers in industry and the public sector to inform the future direction of our education system and the teaching profession.
In the first two years of operation, Now Teach has attracted over 6000 expressions of interest and we have successfully recruited 200 career changers into teaching. We have built a support programme to retain these teachers, reaching an 82% retention rate with 2018’s cohort. Our funding is from the Department for Education and philanthropic sources, allowing us to make an impact at a time when money in the profession is tight. We have expanded beyond our original region of London and Hastings to two additional regions across the UK (the West Midlands and East Anglia) and we are continuing to establish ourselves as a significant player in the sector.
We’re looking for a positive, pro-active and target driven Recruitment Advisor who is committed to Now Teach’s vision and can help us refine and grow our recruitment. As an integral part of our small, friendly recruitment team you will be an expert advisor on the education sector and teacher training, be able to build relationships quickly and communicate confidently with experienced professionals making the move into teaching.
You’ll work with the team to get 120 outstanding career changers with the strong motivation on board, helping them to find the right training programme and join our teacher network starting from September 2020. Your number one priority will be delivering an exceptional candidate experience at all stages so that candidates respect and trust your advice, while bringing candidates through the recruitment process in a timely manner.
As Recruitment Advisor, you will:
- Manage the candidate pipeline alongside one other Recruitment Advisor to ensure that we are on track to comfortably recruit 120 experienced career changers into teaching and engage them as part of our network
- Deliver all stages of the recruitment process from expression of interest to placement: call interested applicants, screen applications, run interviews via video or face to face, feedback to candidates, and liaise with training providers to match and place candidates
- Ensure that candidates are selected, assessed and placed in a timely and robust manner
- Talent spot, coach and advise candidates at all stages so that they feel supported, trust your advice and feel that you are a genuinely valuable part of their transition to teaching
- Hold key relationships with our training providers and schools, working alongside them to ensure candidates are matched and placed appropriately
- Be an expert in navigating teaching entry routes, continuously improving your knowledge of the education sector and teacher training
- Be responsible for ensuring the candidate pipeline is always accurate and creates insightful reports
- Contribute ideas to streamline ways of working so we are fit to recruit the largest cohort of career changers into teaching in the UK
- Represent our organisation at attraction events, helping Now Teach to become the go to destination for late career changers into teaching
- Help to plan and deliver a programme of workshops supporting candidates through the application and interview process
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand and be committed to children’s outcomes not being determined by their backgrounds and appreciate the impact teachers can make
- Have proven experience of delivering an exceptional candidate journey whilst working at pace and efficiently to deliver ambitious targets
- Have a strong understanding of the education sector and/or teacher training routes
- Be exceptionally organised, prioritise effectively and have good attention to detail
- Have experience of screening and interviewing candidates
- Have hands-on experience progressing candidates within an Applicant Tracking or CRM system (ideally Salesforce)
- Actively seek out ways to improve how we do things using great judgement
- Have a can-do attitude and be unstoppable in driving candidates through with style and ease
- Be skilful at providing down to earth, insightful and appropriate persuasive communications
- Be up for the challenge of doing something new in the market knowing that fantastic candidate experience, having a strong team and efficient process are key to this
- Essential competencies –
- Knowledge and experience of recruitment
- Strong planning, organisation and attention to detail
- Robust communication and influencing ability, both remotely and in person
- Logical decision-making ability whilst being adaptable and operating well despite ambiguity
- A friendly and likable team player with a can-do attitude
Please send a CV and a cover letter detailing why you would be a great fit for the role to email@example.com
Recruitment will be on a rolling basis without a formal deadline. We will progress candidates as they apply and close the role when complete.
Full time however open to flexible working.
Safe Recruitment Procedure
Now Teach and Ark are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. To meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process and all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Only those candidates meeting the right criteria will be taken forward from application.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet us for interview/s in Central London.
References from the previous and current employer will be taken up for shortlisted candidates, and where necessary employers may be contacted to gather further information.
All new staff will be subject to a probation period of 3 months (which may, in certain circumstances, be extended). The probation period is a trial period, to enable the assessment of an employee’s suitability for the job for which they have been employed.