Now Teach: Partnership Lead
Start Date: Ideally March 2020
Salary: £30k-33k depending on experience and qualifications (+11% employer pension contribution)
About Now Teach
Now Teach brings experienced professionals into teaching & supports them through training and the early years of their career to ensure they stay in the classroom for the long term. We do this for 3 reasons:
- The life experience of our candidates is needed in schools
- To help meet the national shortage of teachers – 50,000 teachers leave the profession every year
- The pool of later stage career changers is growing as people live longer –but has been ignored by traditional teacher recruitment
Our funding by the Department for Education and philanthropic sources allows us to make an impact at a time when money in the profession is tight. We have expanded beyond our original regions of London and Hastings to add Birmingham and East Anglia and are continuing to establish ourselves as a significant player in the sector. We are an ambitious, young organisation who are working towards a day when it is commonplace to have career changers with valuable alternative career experience become and stay in teaching.
We work alongside training providers and schools and have built a strong offering for candidates – they receive a professional network of like minded individuals, a dedicated programme manager and range of other support initiatives across their training year and beyond.
About the role
Our Partnership Lead is a newly created role in our growing charity. We want to expand our work with schools and training providers nationally. The role focuses on developing and growing our partnerships, so we secure appropriate training positions for our teachers entering the profession. Our growth strategy relies on strong relationships and growth with current and future training providers and schools. This role will work with key members of the programme and recruitment teams to develop and deliver our partner strategy. We imagine this role to be target focused, operational and active – securing placements, visiting schools and training providers and building relationships and advocacy towards Now Teach.
Currently we work with several initial teacher training providers and around 70 schools across London, Hastings, East Anglia and Birmingham. Your role will be to:
- Strengthen existing relationships – maintain and strengthen our relationship with our current partners – ensure we know our partners and are well placed to be able to deliver their profile of candidate sought. Ensure that all stakeholders within our partners organisations are fully briefed on us, our set up and offering
- Grow our partnerships – work with Now Teach Directors to ensure we are clear on how we develop our new partner relationships. A key part of the role will be to hone and deliver a new partner pitch, development and onboarding strategy ensuring we have strong coverage of placement opportunities for our trainees
- Secure placements – collaborate with the recruitment team so you are informed about the selection process and upcoming pipeline of candidates. Work at pace to help identify and secure enough placements for this year and future cohorts
- Grow our brand – be the face of Now Teach, raising the brand awareness, appeal and knowledge with our current and potential partners so they grow their advocacy and support of us. This might look like working with the marketing team to create an approach across the sector, ensuring we have high quality materials to support
- Be an expert about our teachers – work closely with the programmes team to ensure you are fully aware of the three cohorts of Now Teachers who have joined, their schools and providers plus the quality of their experience of Now Teach so that you are credible and a huge advocate of our trainees
- Data, impact and Measurement – be highly organised, using Salesforce to ensure we have clear and accurate records of our partners and are set to be data driven in our approach. Drive our feedback and measurement.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have strong knowledge and understanding of the initial teacher training and education landscape
- Be enthusiastic about our purpose and committed to making a difference to children’s outcomes/education
- Have a proven track record in ability to navigate, make sense of and communicate key parts of a complex landscape
- Be highly organised and effective, able to manage a varied full workload
- Be a natural with people, honest, enjoy building/maintaining strong relationships – internally and with partners
- Be exceptionally client focused, credible and persuasive
- Be adaptable, enjoy taking responsibility for producing great work, creative and good at driving a process
- Be a friendly team player, have highly effective collaboration and communication skills balancing theirs and the priorities of others
Sound like you? Please apply. Closing date for applications is Monday 24th February
Please send a CV and cover letter explaining why this role fits to email@example.com. Please note interviews will happen on a rolling basis, so early application is strongly encouraged.
Full time role, part time considered, and flexible work patterns can be accommodated. Many Now Teach employees work flexibly.
Safe Recruitment Procedure
Now Teach and Ark are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. To meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process and all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
References from the previous and current employer will be taken up for shortlisted candidates, and where necessary employers may be contacted to gather further information.
All new staff will be subject to a probation period of 3 months. The probation period is a trial period, to enable the assessment of an employee’s suitability for the job for which they have been employed and may be extended if required.