Start Date: Ideally June 2020
Contract: Part time, 6-month fixed term contract to cover parental leave, London
Salary: £28k-33k depending on experience (+11% employer pension contribution)
About Now Teach
Now Teach attracts and recruits experienced professionals into teaching. We support Now Teachers through their initial teacher training and their careers to enhance the value they bring to the classroom, schools, the education system and wider world.
Our funding from the Department for Education and philanthropic sources allows us to make an impact at a time when money in the profession is tight. We have expanded beyond London and Hastings to recruit and support trainees in Birmingham and East Anglia as well, and we are continuing to establish ourselves as a significant player in the sector. We are an ambitious, young organisation that is working towards a day when it is commonplace to have career changers with valuable alternative career experience become and remain as teachers.
We work alongside training providers and schools and have built a strong offering for our 200+ Now Teachers – they become part of a professional network of likeminded individuals and access a range of other support initiatives across their teacher training year and beyond.
About the role
We’re looking for a super talented Content Manager who is responsible for delivering high quality, engaging and consistent content across numerous platforms. We want someone with previous experience in a similar role who has the confidence to take ownership of projects and help Now Teach achieve a significant step change in our brand awareness.
The role will be to…
- Create content like a champion – love writing/honing copy and content for all things social, web, brochures, fliers, emails etc
- Brilliantly brief and drive freelancers to deliver high quality material on time and within budget
- Work in a close-knit marketing team to grow brand awareness and appeal with potential candidates, schools and teacher training providers
- Work with our External Affairs Officer to develop our national and regional PR strategy
- Be our brand guru ensuring all content is high quality, on-brand, appropriate, consistent in style, quality and tone
The ideal candidate will:
- Have creative clout and be ace at the marketing techy stuff – understands creative, customer segmentation, is brilliant at talking to and understanding their audience
- Have top notch writing skills – someone who has a straightforward style, is insightful, honest and punchy
- Be ready to get stuck in – happy to do their own copywriting, editing their own and others’ work and good at managing freelancers on bigger projects
- Be genuinely keen to collaborate and provide quality influential advice whilst delivering for internal clients
- Have a proven track record taking client briefs, using judgment to deliver and communicate exceptionally
- Be superb at the numbers – managing a tight budget and measuring success
- Ideally have some understanding of the education sector or be willing to put in a whole lot of effort to get up to speed quickly
The fit to our culture is king. We are:
- Enthusiastic about our purpose and hugely committed to making a difference
- Natural with people, honest, enjoy building/maintaining strong relationships
- Adaptable, enjoy taking responsibility for producing great work, creating and driving through to see results
- Friendly effective collaborators balancing personal priorities with those of our colleagues
- Creating a Now Teach HQ Staff Instagram to catch a glimpse of what it is like to work for Now Teach. Please take a peak: https://www.instagram.com/lifeatnowteach/
Sound like you? Please apply before 29th May 2020
Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com explaining why this role fits. Interviews will happen on a rolling basis, so early application is strongly encouraged.
Part time role, many flexible working patterns possible although some London office based regular scheduled days will be required. Full time candidates will also be considered.
Safe Recruitment Procedure
Now Teach and Ark are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. To meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process and all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
References from the previous and current employer will be taken up for candidates, and where necessary employers may be contacted to gather further information.
All new staff will be subject to a probation period of 3 months. The probation period is a trial period, to enable the assessment of an employee’s suitability for the job for which they have been employed and may be extended if required.